Monday, August 3, 2009

Response


Dear John,

I'm so much happier without you. You told me that I'd never find someone who loves me as much as you do, and honestly, I don't care if that's even true (by the way, it's not) Your love, your feelings, your desires were not enough to make me stay. I am sorry I had the inability to only meet you half way there. I deserve to be happy too, and I just didn't love you enough.

And I still really resent the fact that you tried to bring me down to make yourself feel better. However, I am not sorry that you couldn't bring me down and that you didn't break me. You only made me stronger. Yet you put me through a living hell and for that I will only ever partially forgive you. 

Sometimes, I think about how my life would be right now if I had not broken up with you, and I shudder at the thought of what that would look like. I know that's pretty brutal, but it's the honest truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment