Monday, April 26, 2010

Grown-up



Dear Jane,

I've known you since we were middle school, I used to make fun of how cute you were to all of my friends, I'm even pretty sure that some of my friends even liked you.

You only grew more beautiful as we grew older, I grew into manhood and by some grace of God an irrational Womanizer or at least that's the reputation I cultivated. I tried to grow up, and eventually reformed myself into the person my parents can be proud off. I hoped you'd be proud of me, but you barely noticed the boy that grew into the man.

You were known as the girl with the poor taste in guys, we even made fun of your last boyfriend, how if sharing a table with him and a piece of dry toast, how the dry toast would be more interesting. We could see why he was with you, but what was your excuse?

The truth is that thinking of you in the middle of a hectic work day makes me smile. What hurts is that you only come to me when you want something from me. That makes me sad. When you complain how their are no good guys left, well, that makes me want to gouge your eyes out....apparently their utility is wasted on you.

Sadly, I know that I'll always be languishing in the friend zone, not out of choice, but because I know your type far too well, and I'm not willing to compromise my awakened soul and become the morons that you tend to be attracted to.

I hope you change, but I know you won't. I'll always love a part of you, unfortunately, you'll never get to be loved completely and that is your loss.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment