Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Flying Blind




Dear John,

I can't read this letter to you this time. (which leaves me concerned for the future of our relationship--what else will I start hiding from you?)

We're moving in together in a matter of weeks. I consider this to be my last move, at least the last until we buy another house, together. But, to be honest with myself, I planned on never moving in with someone until I had the promise of lifelong commitment from him. Not an engagement ring, as I'm too much of a feminist to want that (and I think they're rather tacky), but a promise. A plan. And being that I'm not the first woman you've lived with and you've never told me otherwise, I believe this is just a "test" for you, to see if you'll keep loving me.

I'm afraid that you won't.

Love, jane

No comments:

Post a Comment