Saturday, April 10, 2010

Deserted


Dear John,

One day you're hot, the next you're cold
one day you leave me in despair, the next you cover me up with gold
you say I'm yours with all your might
but that's just another saying of some kind
you like to see me dance around the room
covering my body with the silky sheets of our bedroom
we smoke and and you play with my hair
we zip a bottle of wild turkey
and I remain bare
on the floor helplessly looking at you
but you're not there to the rescue.
You fool, my fool...
You choke me and leave me stupid inner scars
for I daydream of you
and you daydream of streetcars
the world is nothing but a memory you always say
and that our love making will be knocking in the doorway
of the sweet time flown
like an old record of chet baker s trumpet moan
you left to wander out into the memory
leaving nothing but a creamy shirt and a fantasy
I sometimes wear that piece of cloth
thinking of the boy who left me for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment