Saturday, October 31, 2009

definition


dear john,

you're my boyfriend, and i want you to be as such. but honestly, i'm not sure you even like me that much. i want to know if you love me and it's a hard thing to ask out loud. maybe because the answer could be no and that's about the last thing someone wants to hear.

i guess it's about me deciding what defines a relationship to me and in turn what i want from you going forward. one of the things i most appreciate about you is how independent you are as it gives me the space i need to live my life for myself, yet i cannot deny that i do want to be in this together. you as you- me as me, each with our own ways of living, defined by our own interests and desires. but i know that i do want to be in something emotionally intimate with passion, deep respect and holistic love for one another. and you remain a mystery to me most of the time, you don't share yourself with me. i don't even know you, boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment