Friday, July 17, 2009

No longer mine


Dear Joan,

I now know that it's impossible to die of a broken heart because if you could I would have been stone cold by the time you set foot into the bar.

I have never seen anyone look as beautiful as you did that night. You were absolutely stunning with your perfectly sculpted legs, glowing suntan and sun bleached hair. Everyone in the bar noticed you and my broken heart skipped so much more than a beat as I realised you were no longer mine.

After a few minutes of awkward politeness the conversation and laughter flowed. All I really wanted to do was to reach out and hold you close to me. To tell you how sorry I was. To tell you how much I loved you and never let you go.

I tried my hardest to be upbeat and happy when we left but the touch of your plump loving lips on mine and the familiar sweet smell of your skin so close to me again threw me into instant despair. I felt so complete in your arms once more, no matter how brief it was.

I walked home with a cigarette in my hand and tears in my eyes. I sent you a text to say how beautiful you looked and you told me not to be upset.

I wish I could express just how much I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment