Monday, June 22, 2009

Science vs Romance


Dear John,

i wish someday
in the past or future you'd ask me
to time travel with you...
i don't care about risks anymore.
and i'll admit
that lately i've been completely bored
with my croonin' stereo.
music just gets old(er),
like me.

while looking for a file,
i found this story i wrote for a friend's book
about the top played song on my itunes....
you make me want to stop working
on anything that appears to be
the slightest waste of energy,
and devote everything
to my personal work.
thanks for that.

i haven't really been into rilo kiley's music for a few years --
and i'm nowhere near as talented a writer as you --
but i thought you might enjoy
reading/listening... anyway,
i needed a damn distraction
from working;
today, it was you.

No comments:

Post a Comment