Saturday, April 4, 2009

Inspiration


I cannot better explain to you what I felt than by saying that your unknown heart seemed to pass into my bosom- there to dwell forever- while mine, I thought, was translated into your own.

From that hour I loved you. Yes, I now feel that it was then- on that evening of sweet dreams- that the very first dawn love burst upon the icy night of my spirit. Since that period I have never seen nor heard your name without a shiver half of delight, half of anxiety... for years your name never past my lips, while my soul drank in, with delirious thirst, all that was uttered in my presence respecting you. 

The merest whisper that concerned you awoke in me a shuddering sixth sense, vaguely compounded of fear, ecstatic happiness, and a wild, inexplicable sentiment that resembled nothing so nearly as the consciousness of guilt.

~Edgar Allen Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment